Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Artist's Dream

This 'blog started just over one year ago, and I think some mighty fine images have been showcased during that span. But man and boy it's taken up a lot of time that I should've otherwise been working for a living.

I've still got tons of great material waiting to be processed and shared, but I'm going to slow down my posting schedule just a bit. There are so many sites showcasing so many great images that I'm sure you won't be inconvenienced a bit if I post every few days or so.

After I catch up on my deadlines, and get a little rest, I'll return to a daily schedule.

Below, John Anster Fitzgerald, for his own reasons, created an 1857 painting called The Artist's Dream. But it is symbolic for me, of unborn images that haunt and urge me to wake up and return to my painting.


10 comments:

groundhum said...

Good rest, and good work to you in the interim. Conation can be a cruel mistress at times. A good mistress, but cruel occasionally nonetheless.

Clutch Needy said...

Thanks for your blog, please post whenever it's enjoyable for you.

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

Certainly other things should come before the 'blog, not-withstanding how get it is to follow your selection and remarks.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate your empathy.

There's a lot of cool stuff yet to come.

John said...

Take your time. I'm more than happy to wait for such great posts and pictures and I'm sure everyone else is too.

Your taste and generosity is a credit to you.

Kudos.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thank you John, that's very nice.

joe ackerman said...

it's all good, Thomas, mate. you take it easy.

Bockl said...

I came here the first time this year, and already a lot of new stuff.
I hope your scanner will hold on through 2010 and provide us with much more.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks Joe. I miss seeing you over at your place, but I'm glad to see you still hanging out in the neighborhood. This stuff is exhausting, idn't it?

Bockl--So far so good for my scanner.

Darren Daz Cox said...

I love, love, love the work of John Anster Fitzgerald, nice blog!